The year 2019 may be the rise of foldable smartphones.
Backed by Chinese firms, the Royole Flexpai is the world’s first foldable smartphone.
Royole Flexpai Specs:
- 7.8-inch (1920 x 1440) AMOLED foldable display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Up to 8GB RAM
- Up to 512GB of expandable storage
- Dual 16MP + 20MP camera
- Android 9 Pie with Water OS 1.0
- Extras: Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C, GPS, Ro-Charge fast charging technology, etc.
List of foldable devices expected to launch this year
- Royole FlexPai | Currently available for $1,318
- Samsung Galaxy Fold | Expected launch in February 2019
- Huawei’s 5G Foldable smartphone | Expected launch at MWC
- Lenovo’s Motorola RAZR 4 | MWC launch possible
- Oppo (subsidiary of BBK Electronics) foldable phone | Expected launch on February 25th 2019 at MWC
- Xiaomi’s foldable phone | No expected launch timeframe yet
- Sony’s foldable phone | Currently only rumored
- LG foldable phone | Hinted Q4 2019 launch
Source: The Android Soul
We expect more updates during the GSMA Mobile World Congress (MWC).